Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
Olive Garden Minestrone soup is delicious and healthy. Thanks to the rich tomato broth, it is rich in beans and vegetables. This is the ideal dish for picky eaters.
This a quick and healthy recipe for minestrone that can be made quickly. It is great for weeknight meals as the weather cools down and the children return to school.
Knowing that I will have to clean up after the meal ends motivates me to make a home-cooked meal. Check out the complate and step by step information about Olive Garden Menu
What ingredients will you need?
This recipe is great because it uses both fresh ingredients and pantry staples. To make Olive Garden Minestrone soup, you will need these ingredients.
- Olive oil or high-heat cooking oils
- Onion– chopped and peeled
- Carrots– Sliced into discs
- Celery — thinly sliced
- Garlic minced
- Vegetable broth or bouillon with water
- Tomatoes, canned or fresh, diced
- Tomato paste – The secret ingredient in the best Minestrone Soup recipe
- Italian seasoning– Store-bought or homemade
- Crushed red pepper — optional for some delicious heat
- Canned kidney bean – Rinsed and drained
- Great northern beans canned – rinsed, drained
- Green beans Frozen
- Dried pasta– Small shapes such as ditalini, macaroni, or shells
- Zucchini– Cut in half and cut into half-moon shapes
- Baby spinach Fresh, washed, and dried
- Fresh — chopped
How to Make Minestrone Soup
This simple soup recipe is the same as any other excellent soup recipe.
- After you have prepared and chopped all the ingredients, heat a large 6–8-quart saucepot over medium heat.
- To your pot, add the olive oil. Once the oil has gotten hot, add the chopped onion and carrots. Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to your taste. For 4-6 minutes, stir the mixture. They should not become mushy or burnt!
- Then, add the tomato paste and vegetable broth. Then, add the crushed red bell pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and, if necessary, increase the heat.
- Once the beans are cooked, add green beans and kidney beans, great northern beans, and pasta. Mix everything and if necessary, reduce the flame to medium or low. Let the mixture boil for 8-10 minutes.
- To prevent the pasta from sticking to its bottom, stir it every 2 minutes. Add the chopped zucchini, spinach leaves, and Parsley.
- Stir for 2 min
- To thicken the soup, add 1-2 cups of water. Could you bring it to a boil? Cook for another minute, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the soup from the heat. You can add a little more fresh Parsley to the bowls.
- Warm with your favorite side dishes.
What is Minestrone Soup?
This Italian soup features a hearty tomato-based broth and can include rice or pasta. It consists primarily of tomato slices, carrots, celery, kidney beans, and celery.
People craft this versatile soup from leftover vegetables and can adapt it to whatever is in season, making it a fail-proof choice.
Tips for Minestrone Soup
Gluten-Free Minestrone soup – It’s okay! It’s okay!
Spice up Minestrone soup: Do your taste buds prefer it spicy? Red pepper flakes can be added to the soup for the perfect heat.
Vegan Minestrone soup: This can be made with egg-free noodles and rice. Choose a vegetable-based soup. My favorite new product is Better Than Bouillon’s No Beef Base soup Concentration.
Vary Your Vegetables – Minestrone is versatile. You can use some of the ingredients in this recipe. And you can use sweet potatoes, red or yellow zucchini, and kale. You can use any vegetable in the soup. Use what you have and don’t throw it away.
Broth disappears when noodles are used! Noodles can absorb liquid. Your leftover minestrone may slowly absorb the broth while sitting in your refrigerator. If this happens, you can add more broth.
Storing Minestrone Soup
You can keep Minestrone soup fresh for up to seven days by storing it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The best part is that the fridge enhances the flavor of Minestrone, making each reheated bowl more decadent and delicious.
Regarding freezing Minestrone soup, I do not recommend it because the soup contains fresh vegetables.
FAQs About Olive Garden Minestrone soup
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
You can make this soup recipe and store it in the fridge or freezer. Once the soup has cooled, you can transfer it into an airtight container.
The soup can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can freeze the soup for up to three months by wrapping it in aluminum foil. Allow cooling in the refrigerator overnight. Heat the container on the stovetop, microwave, or oven.
What is Olive Garden minestrone made of?
This recipe involves cooking various vegetables in a savory broth. You can season the mixture with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Let it simmer for a few minutes, and then serve your dinner.
Is Olive Garden’s minestrone soup healthy?
Olive Garden’s minestrone soup is a relatively healthy option, but it is not perfect. It is a good source of vegetables, beans, and fiber, and it is relatively low in saturated fat and cholesterol. However, it is also high in sodium and calories.
What is your favorite soup?
Zuppa is the most popular soup in the olive gardens of Tuscany. Zuppa Toscana recipe is made in one pot and is rich with Italian sausage, bacon and kale. We love restaurant-copycat dishes like creamy shrimp pasta and chicken Madeira.